arnasati April 17th, 2013
Just like the women who wear beautiful clothes, the table is also sometimes applied “clothes”, which one of them could be a table runner. It is a piece of cloth that covers the center of the table. In general, table runners serve as decorations on the table that adds nuance to the whole room.
Table runners can be used anywhere. Dining table, buffet, credenza, coffee table, and so on. When we will use a table runner, there are several things that must be considered, namely:
1. Measure the length and width of the table. Ideally, a table runner width is 1/3 of the width of the table and 30 cm longer than the length of the table so that the tips of table runner will hang over the edge of the table.
2. Choose the color, texture, and material of the table runner according to the expected feeling of the room.
3. Adjusting table runner with table shapes and materials. Fancy patterned table runner is certainly not suitable to be placed on an elegant marble table. Likewise with stainless table would be more beautiful if left plain with no decoration on it.
4. Put the centerpiece in the middle of the table just above the table runner. Centerpiece can be anything depending on the office. Fresh flowers or fruit for the dinner table, or display and collection of personal books for the coffee table.
5. Experiment with various ideas which set the table “unusual”. If you do not try, you will not know what the outcome if you put table runner in sideway position, or put 2 even 3 table runners.